The Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN) Multifamily Program offers technical assistance and financial incentives when you make energy-saving improvements to your property.
Add value to your property, improve tenant comfort, and reduce maintenance costs with the SoCalREN Multifamily Program.
Participate Easily in Four Easy Steps
- Access No-Cost Consulting: an energy consultant from the SoCalREN team will work with you to identify measures and connect you to incentive and financing programs.
- Get an Assessment: An energy assessment will identify the opportunities to upgrade the energy efficiency of your property.
- Make Improvements: Have a licensed, qualified contractor install energy efficiency measures. Some measures may be self-installed (contact the Program for more details).
- Receive Incentives*: Earn incentives for the amount of energy saved, based on the measures installed. The more you save, the more incentives you earn!
* Improvement incentive based on energy savings achieved. Higher savings achieved will lead to higher incentive levels. Program restrictions apply.
Confirm Your Eligibility
To participate in the Program, your multifamily projects must meet the following criteria:
- Be in a property served by either Southern California Edison (SCE) or SoCalGas.
- Be in a building that contains a minimum of five connected units.
- Include at least three energy efficiency measures.
- Achieve a minimum of 10,000 kWh OR 1,000 therm energy savings.
- Reach project completion and approval within 12 months of the date of reservation.
Ready to get started? Complete our Interest Form.
Energy Efficiency Improvement Incentives
See below for details on the improvement amount based on energy efficiency improvement (incentive caps apply).
Properties located in Disadvantaged Communities (DACs) will receive:
$0.57/kWh and $6.00/therm
Non-DAC properties will receive:
$0.33/kWh and $3.50/therm